In 1905, the Compagnie Francaise des Automobiles de Place, which took the name G7, launched a call for tenders for a fleet of "automobile coaches“ with a view to replacing the 20.000 horse-drawn vehicles circulating in Paris. RENAULT won the market with the Type AG equipped with an 8 hp twin-cylinder engine. Presented to the "Ècole des mines“ (college of engineers) on September 26, 1905, the vehicle was ordered from this first year in 250 copies. Deliveries begin immediately, and the G7 places a new order of 1000 "taxis“ in 1906, then 1500 in 1908. The AG-1 type offered in this HELLER kit appeared in 1907.
Length of the built model: 156mm
Width of the built model: 65mm